Machu Pichuu

Machu Pichuu

Thursday, November 3, 2011

5 Days to Iguazu

We left last night around 4 to the Water Falls of Iguazu. A 15 hour ride through the night in an Charter Bus, only stopping for quick breathes at fuel stations along the way, taking us to the most north-eastern province of Argentina, Misiones. Relentless games of "20 Questions" were played.


Other games were played as well.

I woke up this morning as the Sun was peaking over the green jungle hills of the country side, waiting, listening patiently to hear if the birds song would initiate the day.
At 7:30 we arrived in a small town in which the name escapes me for a traditional breakfast of coffee and croisants. It might not hold the same nutritional value as some would prefer in the United States, but it is light and never overbearing, satisifying the stomaches crave and saving room for lunch.

We were at San Ignacio Mini, located on the border of Paraguay

Nearby lied the ruins of a Conquistador Mission, built during the early pilgrimages made by the Spaniards to create communities fully functional thousands of miles away from the homeland. There were schools, were markets, were medical centers and a prison. Seeing these ruins let me imagine what the explorers must have felt when falling upon the Incan ruins of Machu Picchu.



This was the beginning of our adventure, only half of day 1: the best has yet to come.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm sorry in advance, for the delay again.

    Back to Chic@s. I wear whatever I want when ever I want. Usually just go with the flow. I think spending my hard earned cash on dressy clothing is strange, especially since all I wear is jeans and a t-shirt. Just shows how different our cultures are.

    I think it would be really cool to have a woman president, and govern the US with women, to overall empower women!

    Dating. It seems as though the process is backward.
    Argentina: Meet person-> Date person-> Become confident ->
    Realization of disinterest.
    US: Meet person-> Realization of disinterest.

    Who's to say the latter is better, or worse? Practice makes perfect.

    Culture Crossing. Halloween was so much fun this year! We (My family) went trick-or-treating, and got SO much candy. This is something I think I'l try to do every year, until I am considered 'too old'.

    Do you, and your host family, etc celebrate Day of The Dead? I understand the process of our cultures slowly mixing together, but is this the 'traditional' thing to celebrate nearing the end of October?

    Bieber Mania! It seems as though he's trying to brain wash us, by spreading his music all across the globe. Not a fan of him, but I see why this would be cool. I don't think the average American listens to music on the Latin American radio station often, but I find myself randomly changing whatever I'm listening to these channels. I think it's interesting to hear the difference in musics.

    5 Days to Iguaza. Sounds like a field trip . . . !

    What was sky diving like? - Always wanted to try it.

    What do you do on a daily basis that is different to that of the average American?

    What kinds of foods do you eat?

    What kinds of activities do you do in your free time?

    Looking forward to reading your response, and future posts.

    Unity . . . . . !

    ReplyDelete