Machu Pichuu

Machu Pichuu

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Does This Answer Your Question? PLUS a sweet video of Iguazu!


Jajaja, you got the dating situation right on the dot! It is different, but it seems to work out here (somehow).

(J is pronounced as an h, therefore, haha=jaja)

Justin Bieber is everywhere in the world. I'm sure kids in a remote village somewhere even have JB posters hanging over them at night. Thats why they call it a fever.

I don't actually know this guy, but he is a pretty true fan.

Sky diving...
like an instance of seeing death and claiming life, and then floating in a sea of clouds
- for me anyways.
Just don't think about what could go wrong.

On a daily basis... this is tough. Well, first thing I do is take a shower in a bathroom that is a single unit (no stall/tub - I have to use a squeegy to dry the floor after).

When I want to go out for coffee I find myself experiencing a different type of coffee culture. Coffee to go is unheard of unless it is Starbucks or McDonalds


The best deal I know is a Café con Leche and 2 medialunas (crouisants)
ranging from 7 to 11 pesos.
I usually order one sweet and one savory.

I go to a café to study, to sit down at a table on the back patio and have a short conversation with the waitress. There are 3 basic options -
Lagrima (literally, means "tear," as in a tear of coffee in a cup of milk)
Cortada (mostly coffee with a bit of milk)
Café con Leche (1/2 coffee 1/2 milk)

About once a week I go out with friends to play Soccer at an outdoor arena around 9pm. Around 10 we have boys and girls get together for a big parrilla which is the traditional Argentine Barbeque, and eat untill we are stuffed, which usually is close to midnight.
We don't use in bbq sauce or flavorings other than the natural flavor of the grill.




There is never a lot of vegetables, I have to bring any I want seperate, even to the dinner table.
On weekends many people head to the clubs, but you don't expect to get in till around 2am. That is the time people really start to show up. I recently figured out why everything lively happens at night - it's been 92 degrees plus here recently during the heat of the day.


I hope I have answered some of your questions, really there is much much more to life in Argentina, but it's something that you would have to experience to fully understand. I do my best to share.
If you want, I made a video of our trip to Iguazu falls over the weekend.
They are always compared to Niagra, though regardless of what N.Americans may tell you Iguazu is much more impressive.
Make sure to watch the rafting :)
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment