Machu Pichuu

Machu Pichuu

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dating



Rosario can be an incrediablly difficult and confusing atmosphere for the creation of romance. At least in the city center of Rosario, affection is shared with everyone after a first meeting.
My Story: I thought I was going somewhere with a very beautiful Argentine girl, making progress by progressively flirting; conversating, joking, teasing, playfully touching, gaining the confidence to finally put my arm around her. GIRLS, in the states, if a guy likes teasing you and making moves - he wants to date you!!!
Turns out she was never interested... how misleading!!!
And disapointing.
But yet innocently motivated.
I learned first hand about culture shock that day...
And about laughing at my mistakes.
Later I asked a friend, "What do you do to flirt with someone, and let them know you like them?" His first response was "Kissing."
"Say things like, 'Do you know something ? - What ? - You're soo beautiful.'"
He called them Palasos, things you say to someone to make them "start to love you."
In Argentina, because the physical touch is so common in the culture, it doesn't symbolize affection. There is no sneaking your arm around someone during a movie.
To let someone know your intentions, you need confidence, and you need to be verbal and clear about your feelings. You need to let them know that they are very unique and very speical, to you, and as a person singled-out, not needing to be single any longer.
If you can make the right moves and say the right things, dating can be a fantastic thing.

1 comment:

  1. O.O That explains alot in my life...hmmm okay I am pretty sure that I need to say sorry to some people. Thanks for the advice.
    -Marissa

    ReplyDelete