Machu Pichuu

Machu Pichuu

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thunder and Lighting and Chocolate Milk





As I sit at the unused, wooden, dinner table as old as the
house it is kept in itself, light flickers through the window like a firelfly crackling a split-second display of awesomeness to attract its mate, 1 out of 37 Billion in the sky.
I am attracted by this awesome display of power, I am attracted to the mystery of the clouds that won't tell me why or how it flashes so, but persists in its beautiful perormance. Now the rain comes to join in the madness.

This weekend is a holiday in which has been long anticipated by my fellow students and I, an oppurtunity to spend an extra day without school for travel or excursion. But I will not go anywhere this time.
At the riverside restaurant with my Sister, my Mom, and my 2 charming grandparents who I recognize most by their smiles, I sip a tall glass of warm milk, stirring with my spoon to infuse the melting strip of dark chocolate. I think that this is real Chocolate Milk, but I remember nights spent sipping a hot glass from powder, around a glowing fire in the snow.



Thunderstorms rolling in share secrets of wisdom, that it is not wise for camping this weekend, and I cancel my train ride to Uruguay.
This will be a weekend to know more the city in which I live, know her streets, her people, her flaws and her perfections. Besides, I can always go to Ugrugay as long as she stands by Argentinas side.

4 comments:

  1. Hello! This is one of the girls from Harriet Tubman. This is the only way we could figure out how to reply to your questions. Anyway, My name is Sunflower and I'm 12, but I'll be 13 on the 15th of Oct. You have shared so much of the culture in Argentina with us, that we thought we should share some of our culture with you. I am Native American, my tribes are from the southwest. New Mexico to be exact. I also have a little Mexican heritage mixed in. My family takes a lot of pride in celebrating Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead). We always put up alters for the deceased in our family. We make traditional tamales. My great grandmother taught my mom how to make them, and my mom taught me how to make them. We also make lots of tamales for Thanksgiving, instead of turkey, cause nobody in my family really eats meat. Well, that's all for now. We'll talk again soon. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this Sunflower, it sounds like you have a great place in your family for experiencing the colors of multiple cultures and seeing them come together! Many people are only ever told one story about what and how to celebrate or have a fiesta, I think it is cool when you can enjoy more, and learn about others! I tried making tamales over the summer with some friends, but I made more of a mess then accurate proportions. Dia De Los Muertos is coming up right? That will be exciting, I'd like to hear more about it!
    Well I have to run, going to a class on Human Rights.
    Hope you are enjoying the school year,
    ¡hasta lluego!
    - Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, making tamales is hard, you have to be really experienced before they actually come out right. Dia De Los Muertos is usually celebrated around the week right after Halloween. My mom has actually already started putting up all the alters and decorations. She makes new ones every year! I will keep you posted about what happens! Thanks, bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again the one before was Sunflower and It would be awesome if you continue to talk to her but i wanted to inform you that we have started a blog of our own. It is a little new so we don't have much up now. Please feel free to check it out. here is the sites link:
    http://mssmiths4thperiodclassofepicness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete