Machu Pichuu

Machu Pichuu

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Paracaidismo


Mi fin de semana:
My weekend occured as follows:


Skydiving is one activity that I have wanted to do my entire life, as far back as I can remember into my childhood I was jumping off of furniture at home, and as I got older off of platforms at High-Adventure Summer-Camps.


An E-mail I recieved this morning reads as follows:

Dear Students,
Please know that AHA strongly advises against anything that may cause you bodily harm, and that your study abroad insurance policy will NOT cover charges or expenses related to the following: Illness, Accident, treatment or medical condition arising out of hang-gliding, paragliding, skydiving, ect...

Please see the attached policy for more details on your insurance plan.
Best,
Rosario site Director


Yikes...

I find a lot of respect for this Study Abroad Program for sending out this e-mail, they show a lot of responsibility by discouraging such actitivty as sky-diving to not just the interested parties, but to every student.
But with any activity that you do I understand that you have to weigh out the risks, the costs, and the possible reprocrussions in advance, because any decision you make can have long-lasting effects, some that effect alot more people then yourself. I think that is responsibility as well.

I found an oppurtunity and I took it.
This last weekend I checked off one of my life goals.







No comments:

Post a Comment