Machu Pichuu

Machu Pichuu

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Wow...


So I came home from school yesterday ready to relax
from an exhausting day of school and spanish, but what I found sitting there on the kitchen table (mesa de la cocina) rewrote how the history of my night would turn out. A shoebox package
adressed "SILVIA SERRATO, ROSARIO, ARGENTINA,"
scribed by one "JESSICA A . WOOD, THE DALLES, OR."
The E.E.U.U... USA.
Why oh Jessica, did you have to submit me to this torture??

5 words, and one 1 big fat singing fish flashed me back to nightmares from my childhood in The United States:
"Big Mouth Billy Bass".

Actually, the gift was VERY well thoughtout, and I must give many many respects to Jessica.
Everytime Big Billy sings the words of Silvia's catchphrase can be heard:
"Don't worry. Be happy."
It's jealousy. Simple as that. I hope that I can be this thoughtfull after I return home!

The production of the E.E.U.U. has redeemed itself to me today by offering another gift of peace, an oppurtunity to enjoy and share with my family the United States tradition of Thanksgiving
in the respects of which the celebration was originially intended; in sharing cultures.

As my mind replays the history of what ensued after that day in , I tell my self that this time will be different.
I begin by enjoying an equal gift from this culture, from my family - handrolled and amazingly delicious, crisp Empanadas.


No comments:

Post a Comment